Here are the tips I gather which everyone must put into action now before its too late. The objective here is to promote a low-carbon lifestyle by using less of the earth's finite resources and conserving energy.
- Use less electricity and maximize natural lighting.
- Unplugged electrical appliances and gadgets (don't put them on stand by mode)
- Choose low energy, long life compact flourescent lamps
- Conserve water
- Fixing dripping faucets or toilet tanks, if unnecessary dont flush the toilet.
- Keep car use in minimum instead walk, cycle or use public transportation
- Minimize purchasing new items instead have them repaired or recycled or reused
- Buy local products - they require less energy to transport
- Reduce our waste size, segregate at source, recycle if possible. This will prevent the generation of methane and greenhouse gases.
Happy Earth Day Peeps!